2007 wr450 jetting question.

6 replies to this topic
  • yoshdrz400

Posted June 09, 2008 - 02:19 PM

well i've jumped from the drz forum to the WR forum and all i can say is why did i wait so long! But now heres the question for you guys i bought a 2007 wr450 and i also bought fmf pipe with power bomb header, if i install this with a jd jet kit will that eliminate that off idle bog or is there more? Also does the AIS kit make that much of a difference? most of my riding is done from 0 to 5000 ft. any imput would be awesome thanks guys.

• tribalbc

Posted June 09, 2008 - 02:47 PM

Good to see another BC WR :thumbsup:

Dump the AIS. Not an issue here in BC anyways. Will never be able to get rid of the decel pop or jet it right otherwise. I personally feel it gives a bit of a preformance gain by cleaning the jetting up.
Install the jet kit ( have fun, the carbs a bitch ) and pipe and see how she goes. It should be close to right.
If you still have a bog when you wick the throttle you might want to look into the AP mod.

I have an 07 WR with a 08 YZ pipe, ride about the same altitude as you. The jetting that works for me is a 48 pilot, GYTR needle 4th clip and a 170 main.

• William1

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:24 PM

Two things.
Do the ORing mod
Get a smaller leak jet (55 or smaller - some go to a #40, depending on the type of riding you do mostly) or an adjustable one.

Jet kit will improve general running but has little effect on the bog. I know the James Dean kit comes with a smaller one (#70, I think), but it is not small enough for most

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted June 09, 2008 - 07:12 PM

the JD kit does come with two orings. a thick one and a thin one. I used the thin one.

:thumbsup: get a fuel screw. install the jd kit, use the recomended setting. tweek the fuel screw until you get crisp throtle. bike will run good.

• yoshdrz400

Posted June 09, 2008 - 07:38 PM

cool i will try those ideas. i should have the jet kit tomorrow so i will install asap. where abouts in bc are you if your in the south west maybe you can come show me how to ride this beast properly.

• tribalbc

Posted June 09, 2008 - 08:09 PM

Yeah I'm in the SW. Pemberton just N of Whistler. And you ?

• beezer

Posted June 10, 2008 - 07:37 AM

Messing around with leak jets on an aluminum WR450 sucks. I'd get a Merge adjustable leak jet.

The stock accelerator pump is lean and you have to use a richer pilot jet to cover for it so the bike isn't really crisp.

I use a 42 p-jet on my 08.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.