E-batt

11 replies to this topic
  • jj546

Posted June 09, 2008 - 01:47 PM

Who's tried the rechargeable dry cell ebatt, and are you happy with your purchase? I have an 03 WR450, the battery is dead and an offbrand is $40 and a Yuasa is $140. I have no problem with kicking, but with all the crap to remove, it just as well work.

John

• tribalbc

Posted June 09, 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have one on my 07 and couldn't be happier. But mines a different setup than yours would be. An 07 draws on the battery for the tailight and odo. Therefore I can get away with not disconnecting the charging system. So I have a 2lb battery that holds a better charge than stock.
You would probably have to disconnect the charging system so if you don't mind charging the batt once in a while it's all good.

• chrispy1202

Posted June 12, 2008 - 12:36 AM

5 Years of magic button starts makes that $140 seem pretty easy to spend.

• PhAcEpLaNt

Posted June 12, 2008 - 05:38 AM

I wonder how this battery would do using full light systems (like Trail Tech) on the bike with a stock stator...seems like it would eliminate the need for a rewound stator. :thumbsup:
Any thoughts?

• tribalbc

Posted June 12, 2008 - 09:35 AM

I think it's possible. You definately always have alot of charge and they say rewound stators are a problem with too much power.
I'm putting a higher watt (45W) in my bike but someone should really try something that sucks some juice.

• RickSanson

Posted June 12, 2008 - 09:47 AM

An 07 draws on the battery for the tailight and odo. Therefore I can get away with not disconnecting the charging system.

I assume then that you never need to externally charge the E-Batt. Is this correct?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted June 12, 2008 - 12:42 PM

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible to avoid overcharging the battery. That's why a strong light system could be a good balance for this system....

• Demo_Slug

Posted June 12, 2008 - 05:40 PM

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible ..

turbo boost button. :thumbsup:

actually, I'd try 6 of thease. two banks of 3. Each battery has a protection circuit board attached onto the head of the battery. mainly used for high power flashlights.
http://www.dealextre...ils.dx/sku.5776

• wr_matt

Posted June 12, 2008 - 05:53 PM

So how does the bike feel without the extra weight in the saddle..? :thumbsup:

• tribalbc

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:37 PM

I'd say you definatly feel a difference in the slow side to side. I have the added bonus of a 08 yz exhaust so I've lost 6-7lbs total in the upper seat area. That I notice :thumbsup:

• PhAcEpLaNt

Posted June 13, 2008 - 06:00 AM

I think it's possible. You definately always have alot of charge and they say rewound stators are a problem with too much power.
I'm putting a higher watt (45W) in my bike but someone should really try something that sucks some juice.

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible to avoid overcharging the battery. That's why a strong light system could be a good balance for this system....

Thanks for the input on that...it definitely seems possible that HID headlamps and helmet lights should work with this battery without a rewound stator. I currently use a Trail Tech SCMR16 helmet light (wired to the bike) and a 35 watt headlight and have had no issues with that. The total wattage, I'm guessing is around 70 watts. If I use the Trail Tech extreme headlights that would probably make the total around 125 watts. I think that's worth a try...a great option to save money and shed a little weight:thumbsup:

• tribalbc

Posted June 13, 2008 - 06:57 AM

Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.