timing issues

3 replies to this topic
  • erik981

Posted June 09, 2008 - 12:44 AM

I have an 07 450 with about 40 hours on it and i have been having a on-going problem with it. The cam chain tensioner has broken three times causing the cam chain to jump teeth, and not alowing the bike to turn over i have had it fixed three times and they keep breaking. has anyone else had this problem?

• FriscoKLR

Posted June 09, 2008 - 07:47 AM

Did you check the chain slider\guide?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2008 - 08:31 AM

You say the tensioner broke. Please elaborate.

When you say you fixed it, what do you mean? What was replaced, what was repaired?

• erik981

Posted June 09, 2008 - 02:41 PM

the shop said the spring mechanism broke causing it to provide inadequate tension. i put a new tensioner, cam chain, and piston rings in it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.