Lowering a 01 WR426??

8 replies to this topic
  • MLN

Posted February 06, 2001 - 06:12 AM

What is the easiest way to lower a WR? I am 5' 8" and would like to get the seat height about an inch lower.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 01:14 PM

Do a search through posts, it has been covered quite a bit. I am 5'-7" and have had thoughts of lowering as well. Undecided at this time.

• Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted February 06, 2001 - 02:37 PM

Call Scotts they did it for me and I love it!

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

• Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted February 06, 2001 - 02:38 PM

hers a link http://www.scottsper...om/feedback.htm
:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robman

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:10 PM

nathan, what did they do to lower your bike?

thanks, rob

------------------
00 wr400f pro circuit pipe ,uni-flow filter,no lid on breather,factory R&D accelerator pump cover.

• Boit

Posted February 07, 2001 - 01:19 PM

You might also want to talk with a guy who posts here often from Australia. Look for "Taffy". He did his own lowering work and can give you some tips.

• hart

Posted February 07, 2001 - 01:33 PM

Scotts cuts off about 1.5 inches from the front and rear springs. I believe this makes the bike easier to handle in the tight stuff however george at Scotts tells me this would be bad if you are doing MX.
Nathan, what kind of riding do you do??

Ion H.

• TW

Posted February 07, 2001 - 03:43 PM

I am also 5'8, had mine lowered one inch(and revalved) by Jeremy Wilkey at MX-Tech, also switchhed to Clarke YZ tank and IMS YZ seat. Unbelievable improvement, well worth the money.

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted February 08, 2001 - 04:04 PM

Sorry for the delayed response .....

Scotts had to internally modify the shock (install a spacer I think) and Im not about the fork. George told me what was done but I cant remember exactly. Also new springs and a revalve both front and rear.

I ride off-road.I have done some laps at the Quail Valley track but dont ride MX.Cant comment though since it was before my suspension was done.

The bike is plusher on the small stuff and the front end doesnt bottom out like before.Also steers fantastic IMHO. I can now dab on really tricky single track without falling ....Hooray! Im quite happy with it.

Look through the archives on lowering, I believe you will find the answers to you questions.

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.