YZ front numberplate on 06 WR ?

4 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 07, 2008 - 03:49 PM

How hard is it to put on? do it bolt on using stock wr brackets? will it clear all the junk behind it?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 07, 2008 - 09:12 PM

How hard is it to put on? do it bolt on using stock wr brackets? will it clear all the junk behind it?

it can be done...if you remove all the crap is should bolt right up if you leave the trip computer then its gonna look kinda bulky but no one will notice unless they are right up on it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justbackitin

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:01 PM

I had a plate laying around from a kx85. I tried it out, and it looked gay as hell. The computer on my 06 sticks out so far that there was a huge gap behind the plate, and it sort of looked like the plate was hanging out over the fender. I pulled it off before anyone could see. :thumbsup:

• 04WR450F

Posted July 01, 2008 - 05:02 PM

This is probably too late but here is a picture of mine. I left the ignition switch/trip meter and fabbed some little brackets to hold the top of the number plate to clear that stuff.

Posted Image

In this picture, you can see how my numberplate stands up a little more vertical than the one on my son's YZ.

Posted Image

• MountainMax

Posted July 01, 2008 - 05:18 PM

Thanks, I can see the difference, it's noticible but still ok :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.