Fitting a new starter clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • dazzabb

Posted June 04, 2008 - 05:02 PM

About to bolt on my new starter clutch and was wondering if I should loctite the 6 bolts that hold the clutch to the flywheel?

The manual makes no mention of it but just 11ft/lbs of torque has me wondering....seem to remember a post which I cannot find about these bolts coming loose on someones bike causing mayhem....

• willy_fitz

Posted June 04, 2008 - 06:33 PM

Helmut Klassen (former ISDT medalist and long time KTM dealer) once said "Loctite everything"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrispy1202

Posted June 12, 2008 - 01:05 AM

I used it when i replaced my starter clutch.

• martin450

Posted June 13, 2008 - 12:15 PM

If in doubt , loctite it mate .
My kickstart lever flew off while riding the other day , I loctited it back on with the new bolt , wish the last owner did now.
If in doubt , loctite it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.