speedo question

2 replies to this topic
  • MrTwister

Posted November 30, 2002 - 12:16 PM

hi all,
my speedo stopped working the other day but the trip meter part of it still records the kms accurately. so does anyone know how to split it to get to the internals? i've had mine out and it appears that the plastic front on it is glued on and i think thats what you have to get off, i don't really want to have to fork out for a new one but mines on the road a bit so i kinda need one.
cheers
Lachy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted November 30, 2002 - 01:13 PM

I priced a new one from yamaha, they are $125.00, they are non repairable. The other option is to get one of those digital jigga's, but i think they are about $180.00.

• MrTwister

Posted December 01, 2002 - 11:39 AM

thanks Big,
i suppose i'll have to spring for a new one. i guess i'll twist yamaha's arm and see how cheap i can get it.
cheers
Lachy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.