MX coolant catch bottle instead of stock?

2 replies to this topic

Posted June 04, 2008 - 02:37 PM

I changed the stock rear spring on mine yesterday and H***Y S**T! Getting the subframe off is a nightmare. The fender is getting replaced with a YZ anyway and that does away with the tail light. How about the MX bike coolant catch bottles? Aside from the battery, the coolant bottle is the other pain back there. I'm not taking the e-start off but by "moving" the catch bottle to the front somewhere would only leave me taking the battery out, unplugging a couple things, and pushing the wires back through. The catalog says it mounts behind the # plate. I'm pulling the odometer when the spacer gets here and putting a regular # plate on it. Would there be room? I don't know how big the bottle is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dazzabb

Posted June 04, 2008 - 04:55 PM

I thought the subframe was pretty easy to remove, took mine off for a good spring clean with no drama, also an 05 and i certainly ain't no mechanic.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to make it easier to remove the rear subframe. I'm not sure I'd want my overflow bottle at the front of my bike nearer my face...

• matt4x4

Posted June 05, 2008 - 09:16 AM

Most MX catch bottles I've seen mount directly to the rear of the rad like this.
Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.