coolant leak?

5 replies to this topic
  • kbike

Posted June 04, 2008 - 02:08 PM

Today I looked at a low mileage 04 WR, and it had a white dry substance, like maybe coolant, coming from the small hole on the right side of the head. It made a line down to the base of the cylinder. Any ideas what this is and what might have caused it? The FAQ only talks about the hole down by the waterpump.

• swede426

Posted June 04, 2008 - 02:17 PM

Today I looked at a low mileage 04 WR, and it had a white dry substance, like maybe coolant, coming from the small hole on the right side of the head. It made a line down to the base of the cylinder. Any ideas what this is and what might have caused it? The FAQ only talks about the hole down by the waterpump.

Is it oily consistence

• kbike

Posted June 04, 2008 - 02:22 PM

It's a white dry powder residue from some kind of leak.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swede426

Posted June 04, 2008 - 02:41 PM

Ok, then its not from any of the venting pipes on valve cover.
Maybe the head is'nt properly tightened...?

• maxtherat

Posted June 04, 2008 - 07:25 PM

It's a drain in the event water gets into the cavity that the spark plug goes into. Pull the cap off the plug and blow air into the hole and you will see it.

• kbike

Posted June 05, 2008 - 06:47 AM

It's a drain in the event water gets into the cavity that the spark plug goes into. Pull the cap off the plug and blow air into the hole and you will see it.

Thanks Max, that's just what I wanted to know.

kbike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.