Oil pouring from Timing Plug

1 reply to this topic
  • hazey123

Posted June 04, 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hi guys,
I am replacing my piston in my 426 and after I got the new piston on and the jug in place I wanted to run the piston up and down a few times with the head off. I went to remove the timing plugs on the flywheel cover and oil poured out of the larger plug. I threw the socket on there and the motor turns nice with the new piston.
Does this fill with oil after a disassembly? I never had oil come from the flywheel/stator area before like during valve adjustments.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted June 04, 2008 - 09:50 AM

The stator does run wet, however, the level is usually below the plug (with the bike level) - since you put in 1.7L (likely), that's 200ml more in the case until you run the engine and pump 200ml into the passages and oil filter, so it's entirely possible that it's pouring out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.