Fork Seal Drag 08 450f

2 replies to this topic
  • MX926

Posted June 04, 2008 - 06:55 AM

- I have replaced my fork seals on my 08 YZ450F and I'm noticing some very slight marks on my lower fork legs indicating seal drag. I used o.e.m yz seals and wipers, and I lubed inner tube lightly with white lithium grease. I did everything the same as I had done on my 06, but my 06 never had any shadow marks on the fork legs.
- Now that I think about it, when the suspension was all stock, and new it also had the marks.

-I'm having no problems with the forks, everything works great, just the shadow marks make me think, things could work better if the seals were sliding more freely.

-I also replaced the bushings when I did the seals.

-Just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ125 DR650

Posted June 06, 2008 - 11:07 PM

i wouldnt be too worried about it... if they arent leaking and you did lube them with lithium id let it be and be happy. BTW that industrial HARD CHROME on the tube is going to take much more than a rubber seal to wear it down even a tenth (0.0001")

-chris

• MX926

Posted June 08, 2008 - 03:37 AM

I used some chrome polish on the fork tubes this week, and it seemed to remedy the situation.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.