cooling fan?

7 replies to this topic
  • roushxteam199

Posted June 03, 2008 - 04:27 PM

I have searched and could not find what are people using for electric fans to help cool there bikes. I know how to hook it up and everything i just need to know where are the people getting the fans. My bike gets warm sitting in traffic and my friend on his ktm laughs at me and just flips his switch to turn on his fans. I need some.

• BUDDO

Posted June 03, 2008 - 07:17 PM

i live in az and i was havin a problem with my wr450 getting a lil to warm so i got a boyesen high flow water pump and switched from regular coolent to water wetter and distilled water and it seems to have fixed my problem. try that out and see how it works. i hope so peps respond on the fan question cause i would also like to try that. the more cooling the better when its 110 out.

• Windseeker

Posted June 03, 2008 - 10:17 PM

I installed expensive KTM fan to my 05 CRF450X and not-so expensive Suzuki DRZ fan to my 06 Wr450.... Also I tried really mighty computer fans - but they are a laugh - dont try them....
You will need to drill your rad to install the automatic switch thing though....
And with the large tanks there's no place for the fans....

good luck...

• kelrich

Posted June 04, 2008 - 07:34 AM

I installed a SPAL 4" fan on the back side of the right radiator to solve the problem. You can use a thermostat and variable fan switch from the aftermarket for a car. I ti-rapped the temp. bulb to the outside of the top tank and it works fine. The only issue I ran into was very tight clearance for the right side tank bolt. I cut down a 10mm socket to solve the problem.
Nice fix totally out of the way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roushxteam199

Posted June 04, 2008 - 12:56 PM

does a ktm fan for an exc fit the wr. i want it so i can manually switch it on. im just going to wire it up with a switch on top of the bars. i will start to look for the spal fan. thanks for all your ideas guys.

• Birdy426

Posted June 22, 2008 - 10:46 PM

does a ktm fan for an exc fit the wr. i want it so i can manually switch it on. im just going to wire it up with a switch on top of the bars. i will start to look for the spal fan. thanks for all your ideas guys.

Now that summer is here and I am using my 444 to commute for the first time (damn high fuel prices!) I am thinking about adding a fan to help int he traffic and single track sections as well. I have to ask: Why put a switch in the circuit? Why not just run the fan all the time?

• roushxteam199

Posted June 23, 2008 - 03:47 PM

i want to keep my bike at around 139. It is the best temp the bike runs at to me. I will prob have this all figured out in the next few weeks and i will ppost pics.

• swede426

Posted June 23, 2008 - 04:00 PM

I installed expensive KTM fan to my 05 CRF450X and not-so expensive Suzuki DRZ fan to my 06 Wr450.... Also I tried really mighty computer fans - but they are a laugh - dont try them....
You will need to drill your rad to install the automatic switch thing though....
And with the large tanks there's no place for the fans....

good luck...

So, which one is better, the ktm or drz fan and what was the pricedifference?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.