Where Did My Clutch Go???

2 replies to this topic
  • boundrybasher

Posted June 03, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Just completed changing a clutch cable on my Y2K WR400(as a PM measure old cable was near end of adjustment). When i put it all back together now there is no clutch action at the lever or at the pushrod that the cable connects to at the engine. Pushrod is just free with no resistance. Maybe a broken connecting rod? Worked fine before i installed new cable. Did i miss someting simple?? Sould be able to just swap cables with no tricks right(my old XR was pop out pop in new)HELP!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted June 03, 2008 - 10:27 AM

When you got the old one off, you probably returned everything to minimum on the adjusters, you might have to take up a lot more free play before you'll feel it resist some.

• chrispy1202

Posted June 12, 2008 - 01:32 AM

Could be as the above comment said. If not maybe they gave you the wrong cable. Check the ID tag on the Yamaha sticker and compare it to the Fiche part number.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.