• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 17, 2002 - 02:53 AM

What exactly is that?

• Mark_UK

Posted May 17, 2002 - 02:55 AM

its like a additional inline radiator to improve cooling

• FOX426

Posted May 17, 2002 - 03:47 AM

Who makes it? Where can you get it? How much?

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 17, 2002 - 03:49 AM

Where did you find this at?

Bonzai :)

• Ga426owner

Posted May 17, 2002 - 05:42 AM

Just what I need, more weight............ :)

• YZ_Abuser

Posted May 17, 2002 - 06:01 AM

Go to www.smackovermotorsports.com Go to products and then Tafta. As far as I know Jim Cook is the only guy selling these so far. It's called a cooling system booster.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_in_San_Diego

Posted May 17, 2002 - 12:55 PM

I've seen a smaller version of this at a MX store here in San Diego. However, it was only about a 1/2 inch long.

• ballistic

Posted May 17, 2002 - 06:50 PM

That looks like a good idea :)
Heres another good idea... redline watter wetter

• levy1

Posted May 17, 2002 - 08:08 PM

This design has been around for a few years. Sold as an oil cooler for Harleys. You have to make sure the design of the inside is correct to do the cooling. In the beginning due to the cost they were very expensive but worked. As time went on cheap ones came out which were basically straight through barrels and did not have the cooling effect of the better designs. This was for oil cooling and I have no idea on how well they work for a cooling system.

• Ron_S

Posted May 18, 2002 - 12:19 AM

Engine Ice.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted May 19, 2002 - 05:26 AM

I've seen these on a Heritage Softail at work, one either side of the front downtubes, made sense on a Harley but I tend to agree with the comment about not wanting more weight on my bike. Does a 426 really need 'em?

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 20, 2002 - 04:00 AM

After looking closely, it appears that these would not work on the WR because of the outlet being located at the bottom of the Radiator. For sure I could not see using a 1/2 inch model between the lower hose doing any good what so ever. They are trick looking though.

I'll stick with my Engine Ice...It seems to be doing the job.

Bonzai :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted May 20, 2002 - 06:10 AM

waste of money IMO. Will it transfer heat? Yes. Will it the weight increase be offset by the decrease in your wallet? Possibly.

In the application shown I'd be worried about contact with the radiator..... Not to mention the possibility of a fatigue failure at the neck on the radiator - supporting the additional weight.

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.