Clicker Settings for SX

4 replies to this topic
  • duzz10

Posted June 02, 2008 - 10:01 PM

Just Curious where you guys are setting your clickers for a Supercross track.

• Whyzee429

Posted June 03, 2008 - 01:02 PM

on my 450 I just basically make everything a little stiffer/faster. especially the forks. if it's mostly an outdoor setup, but has a whoop section then I just up the compression on the forks. While speeding up the shock can be a nightmare in breaking bumps, it works wonders with seat bouncing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimFurryBalls

Posted June 03, 2008 - 01:10 PM

I'd set them by sending them out for a re-spring and re-valve.

• duzz10

Posted June 03, 2008 - 07:13 PM

My suspension has been done by Speed Tech, sag is set, and so on. I have bottomed out my front forks a couple times, so I turned my clickers in. Right now I am 6 and 6 on the front, and 9 and 9 on the back. I was wondering if anyone else has had to go in this far to make there bike work? Seems to be working good for me. We have a MX race this weekend so I will need to remeber to back them out to my original settings.

• MX926

Posted June 04, 2008 - 05:03 AM

Geneally for "supercross" everything is stiffer on compression, and stiffer on rebound. But, weight, springs, all that still plays a part.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.