Wish I was riding a 250 in tight woods!

12 replies to this topic
  • bmah

Posted June 02, 2008 - 03:08 PM

I rode my first NETRA enduro yesterday in Wrentham, Mass. Through the tight woods and many rock gardens I found myself wishing that I was on a smaller bike. The WR450 was like herding a moose through those tight woods!

• Pluto67

Posted June 02, 2008 - 03:52 PM

That moose sure can kick his way through!

• bmah

Posted June 02, 2008 - 04:48 PM

Even a moose has to maneuver [COLOR="DarkRed"]around[/COLOR] the trees! I was really wishing that I was on a lighter bike, like a 200cc two-smoke! I know, "A poor craftsman always blames his tools..." I definitely need more time in the saddle!

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 02, 2008 - 10:23 PM

Wouldn't hurt to gain some strength. But yea seat time will help out ALOT.

• beezer

Posted June 03, 2008 - 06:20 AM

Unless you've ridden the woods in the Northeast you don't know what tight is.

A 250 is faster, less tiring ride in the jungle.

• STECKNINE

Posted June 03, 2008 - 06:26 AM

I agree! after 230 miles on my WR in Idaho I can barely walk! I did the race last year on my YZ250 and, I feel it is more suited for woods riding! I just wish that I had a WR tranny in my 250...Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted June 03, 2008 - 07:05 AM

Yup it's a brute side to side in the tight nasty's. Usually find myself dreaming of a Gas Gas 300 in these parts ( when you have time to think )
But as an all round, do it all bike, the WR450 is pretty hard to beat.

• beezer

Posted June 03, 2008 - 08:04 AM

The WR250 is the stock is the slowest bike on the planet. I have an 07 that was so slow I thought it was broken.

But in the tight stuff you can really get going with it.

• MaxPower

Posted June 03, 2008 - 02:05 PM

[COLOR="Green"]install a Rekluse front axle
It helped my bike in the tight woods[/COLOR]

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 03, 2008 - 03:06 PM

I think it's all been said here already but yes, here in the pacific northwest I think we have tight and technical that rivals east coast stuff and I often wish at some of the events that I was on a 125:eek: Having said this I still feel it's the best all around off road bike, our offroad series also has events in eastern WA where it's more wide open GP stuff and the WR eats up the 250 2 smokers and feels more stable doing so in these conditions.

The only other bike I would consider would be a YZ250 2T decked out for off-road, it seems to be a good mix of everything:thumbsup:

• Demo_Slug

Posted June 03, 2008 - 04:11 PM

The only logical answer is to own more then one bike. Problem solved. You can thank me latter :thumbsup:

• beezer

Posted June 03, 2008 - 05:03 PM

That's what I do. I drive a car that doubles in value when I fill it up with gas.

But I have a couple of nice dirt bikes.

• dazzabb

Posted June 03, 2008 - 05:34 PM

That's what I do. I drive a car that doubles in value when I fill it up with gas.

But I have a couple of nice dirt bikes.

Lol - and life is sweet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.