Wr450 doesnt like jumps.

4 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted June 02, 2008 - 12:01 AM

My 2004 WR450 doesnt like to fly, Im not talking about mental supercross jumps just a couple of foot in the air.

When I land a jump the bike dies for a couple of seconds similar to if its running out of fuel then the exhaust pops (as they sometime do when you back of the throttle from high revs) then its fine again.

Any ideas to what causes this?

Cheers

• xrmarty

Posted June 02, 2008 - 12:14 AM

I would check the carburator floats first. Your float bowl may be low on gas due to floats being out of adjustment. When you land, the gas in the float bowl slushes around causing a lean condition, hence the popping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jandmsuburban7

Posted June 08, 2008 - 11:49 AM

Agreed, the floats is the answer. Jason

• 2 stokes for life

Posted June 08, 2008 - 05:30 PM

Also, PC Racing might be able to help your cause. My friends XR400 had the same problem until he added this.

http://www.pcracingu...rventsystem.php

A scary fast float bowl might also help.

• creeky

Posted June 08, 2008 - 06:07 PM

The previous post is most likely correct. The vent tubes are the most common cause of the condition you describe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.