Quiet Exhaust

33 replies to this topic
  • MotoGreg

Posted December 03, 2002 - 05:59 PM

Anyone see the new White Brothers E2 in their ad in the Jan issue of MXA? They don't say anything about it but it's long which leads me to believe that it's a quiet system. It has the same dark grey coating as the Ramsey pipe and looks like it has no kind of removable end cap.

• dp400

Posted December 03, 2002 - 06:32 PM

Anyone have a picture of the Vortip or a discription of it. Is it just a turned downed tip or does it have something that goes into your pipe as well?

Thanks Dan

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 03, 2002 - 08:04 PM

Posted Image

• SFO

Posted December 03, 2002 - 08:09 PM

RE: Sputter,
The USFS sticker/stamp is still lacking on the CRD pipe to the best of my knowledge.
I would call your riding area Ranger and ask him.
He is the one who hands out the tickets...
Stoneyfords Ranger Matt knew of the CRD but didn't call it approved...

• MitchPeters

Posted December 04, 2002 - 03:08 AM

Does anyone in the USA carry Arrow pipes. I have seen them in magazines on European models.

• ddialogue

Posted December 04, 2002 - 04:13 AM

90db with the Vortip!? Is that with the Baja Designs Vortip? How did you verify the sound output?

• fershy

Posted December 04, 2002 - 05:56 AM

Mitch, try this link for Arrows Products. I believe there are a few distributors listed for the USA.
http://www.arrow.it/eng/home/
Cheers,
fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SPUTTER

Posted December 04, 2002 - 09:12 AM

I bought the vortip from baja designs - but they were quick to point out that they were redesigning their own version so I bought one from baja designs marketed by White Bros. - I don't know what the difference is between the two. As far as the 90db.. actually it was 90.5 - measured by the most experienced rangers at hollister hills. Before the test they were confident that the vortip (the first they had seen) was a joke. They couldn't believe the sound level - and were eager to let other riders know that an inexpensive solution does exist.
I built my own vortip for use on my YZF250 and it came in just over 90 also.

• BrandonW

Posted December 04, 2002 - 11:37 AM

Can the YZ pipe be made spark arrestor compatible? What decible levels are the YZ pipes emitting?

This pipe thing seems like there currently is no right answers, just mostly wrong ones.

:)

Brandon

• endurodog

Posted December 04, 2002 - 02:17 PM

Sputter what did you notice it did to the power??

• tctrailrider

Posted December 04, 2002 - 04:15 PM

Dan,
Do you know the brand of the Vortip in your photo? Is the one shown for a WR. I got mine from White Brothers and the turn down end appears to be fatter on your photo. Also the inner baffle tubes are different lengths on the two shown. Are they making diffenent models?

• SPUTTER

Posted December 04, 2002 - 04:35 PM

Better snap right off the bottom - good mid - slightly less on top than the fully uncorked stock pipe. Very good torque curve for trail riding and tight stuff - still has good run out.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 04, 2002 - 07:02 PM

Dan,
Do you know the brand of the Vortip in your photo? Is the one shown for a WR.

Trailrider, I have the one from White Bros too. The one in the picture is from BajaDesigns... Not a bad way to go, and very versatile....

• Jeff_Magnusson

Posted December 04, 2002 - 08:37 PM

You can purchase an endcap from Pro Moto Billet out of Idaho which makes the YZ accept a spark arrestor. It not quiet though. I even tried their quiet insert. Does not do much to the sound at all. It is a good product though if you want to run a YZ pipe. It installed easy and looks good.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.