No Leak Jet????

4 replies to this topic
  • trailscout

Posted June 01, 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hello,

I recently acquired a 2001 WR426. The bottom of the carburetor bowl has spring loaded bb type valve where the leak jet should be according to my understanding and the pictures in the FAQ files. The other side of this passage has brass covering with no readily apparent method for removal.

The squirt duration measures well over three seconds. With the little bb valve, it would seem that the entire amount of fuel available will always be squirted into the carb with no leakage.

This is my first introduction to this type of carburetor. The last I fiddled with that had an accelerator pump was on a DelOrto on a 4-stroke Husky in '84.

The carburetor body on the WR has 5NG1 000J11 marked on it.

Any help with this will of course be much appreciated.

harold

• maxtherat

Posted June 01, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Correct, this carb does not have a LJ in it. If you have a bog then it is most likely a rich bog. The newer wrs that have LJ's and get a bog they are probably lean. I purchased a stock style bowl from JD and I put a 40 LJ in it. I think if you specify it with them they will give you the size you want. It was like 60 bucks. I would also consider the o-ring mod as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alternative

Posted June 01, 2008 - 04:14 PM

Do a search for "BK mod", this will give you adjustablility of the duration, did it on mine and I completely eliminated my bog :thumbsup:.

• trailscout

Posted June 01, 2008 - 06:16 PM

Correct, this carb does not have a LJ in it. If you have a bog then it is most likely a rich bog. The newer wrs that have LJ's and get a bog they are probably lean. I purchased a stock style bowl from JD and I put a 40 LJ in it. I think if you specify it with them they will give you the size you want. It was like 60 bucks. I would also consider the o-ring mod as well.

Ok. Thanks. Now I know.

I think I've read most of the stuff in the FAQ's on the jetting, including Motoman's site and the BK mod. And I've read about JD but haven't seen the full acronym or a link. And I must have also missed the o-ring mod. I'll look some more, but if you can point me it'll help.

I might also mention the bike has no bog. It actually is performing ok except for the fuel consumption which was 25mpg on my first fairly laid back ride. So I began looking for the source of what seemed to be a high fuel consumption and saw the 3 second plus squirt when 0.5-1.0 seemed to be recommended. I set about to correct the squirt and found no LJ.

Thanks for the help!

harold

• trailscout

Posted June 01, 2008 - 06:40 PM

Do a search for "BK mod", this will give you adjustability of the duration, did it on mine and I completely eliminated my bog :thumbsup:.

Ok. I went back and re-read the BK stuff. I didn't really know what I was looking at the first time since I hadn't been into the carb at that time. I see the added screw limiting the travel of the pump. Pretty slick! And it's adjustable from the outside. Maybe I missed something, but that seems superior to changing LJ's and diaphragms.

thanks, harold

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.