New to TT, Just picked up 08' WR450F

31 replies to this topic
  • Dobart

Posted August 21, 2008 - 11:28 AM

Thank you! I'll give this a shot tonight...

• mightymart

Posted August 21, 2008 - 11:58 AM

I also made the switch from Red to Blue. After coming off the mighty XR650R the WR felt like my old CR250, I can now do the backflip again :thumbsup: :worthy:
Posted Image

• JetPilot03

Posted August 21, 2008 - 06:58 PM

Looks good, I almost bought the XR650, but now I'm glad I didn't. So much easier to throw around.

• Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

here she is!

red JD needle, 4th position, 48 pilot, big o-ring on accelerator pump. Grey wire, exhaust plug out.

Won't start at all choke/no choke. Get it to fire a little tiny bit at 1/4 throttle while cranking the e-start, but otherwise nada.

Still working on it, I guess.

• Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 11:30 AM

oh yeah; it fired with the choke on. air/fuel screw turned 1.5 turns out.

I think I'll try 2 turns out on this next attempt.

(AIS is off, too)

• Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 11:33 AM

nada on that un too. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 11:35 AM

(168 main jet)

• Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 11:46 AM

Got it... choke OFF, about 2 turns out on air/fuel. Kicks so easy!

Going to go on a tiny lap and park it. She's still pre-break in...

Thanks for the vent!

• JetPilot03

Posted August 22, 2008 - 12:21 PM

Yeah mine acts a little odd sometimes too. I originally tried 2 turns out like they recommended but now 1 1/2 seems to work good. I noticed on mine it works better with the choke pulled, but every once in awhile it needs just a crack of the throttle to get it fired. If it's still hard to start check the idle speed adjustment knob, turn it a little higher on the idle that should help. On the start up problems just playing with the idle speed and the F/A mixture screw should get you dialed in most cases. Hope it's working well for you now. I like the skid plate, looks good. I thought about getting an aluminum plate but figured I'd wait to see how the plastic one held up.

• Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 01:54 PM

it idles slow, but it idles; I'll definitely spend some time making some more in-depth adjustments on the shakedown/warmup spin.

Man, it feels GREAT though- whole different animal than my 426!

Can't wait til I gear up and take it out for a proper go at it.

• Dobart

Posted August 22, 2008 - 01:55 PM

(mainly tight riding here, lots of big rocks- so the plate was an essential)

• Dobart

Posted October 09, 2008 - 05:37 PM

Here's the status these days:

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.