A little (off topic) PW-80

2 replies to this topic
  • CuLayTur

Posted May 16, 2002 - 10:18 AM

I just bought my 7-year a new PW-80 (had to get him a Yamaha, start him young in the Blue family :) ). I'm trying to find a web site that is similar to TT, that I can ask some performance question about carb jetting, specifically to this bike..... Or maybe someone here might know. Should I follow the general rule of changing the main jet (125#) by 8 - 10% to compensate for the altitude of Colorado and drop the main needle by a clip or two?

Thanks for any help,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted May 16, 2002 - 10:25 AM

Have you removed the restrictor in the exhaust pipe ?, If you haven't it make a HUGE difference :)
Other than that mine is stock, but fair rips for an 80 :D

• CuLayTur

Posted May 16, 2002 - 10:33 AM

Yep, that was the first thing that was removed...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.