cr250r mods

7 replies to this topic
  • cr250rman

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

Are there any ways or mods to make my cr250r faster than it is. i have a pro circuit header and a 11oz flywheel but that's it. There's a kid up the road from my house and he might be getting a 450 and usually i could care less but the kid is such an mother :thumbsup: and i cant stand to have a slower bike. (even though I'm a much better rider).

And i mean acceleration wise.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nac-nacer

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

First off, if you are the much faster or a better rider a stock CR250 would dog a 450. But since your asking for mods, Get a VForce3 or boyeson Rad valve( I heard the Rad valve gives a more noticable power boost than the VForce, but since I have a VForce3 on my 06'CR250 I can vouch it does make jetting the bike easier and when it is jetted perfect the bike does pull a little bit harder in the middle). Next your gonna want engine mods done, I sent my cylinder and cyl. head to "Fast Forward Racing", the guy will talk to you on the phone answering all your questions and also give advice about how to build power with your bike.I had my cylinder ported and the bore honed,and he also milled my cylinder head for more compression. He ported it and milled the head for exactly what gas I would be running (VP C-12) and altitudes I would be running my bike.Other than that your gonna want a good pipe & silencer(procircuit pipes are good). With those mods your bike will be a beast!!! mine hauls ass when you twist the throttle.Yeah its gonna cost a little bit of money, But before you do all these mods you want to be sure you can keep your bike maintained and in good running order.Really all this bike needs is a top-end every season and clean Trans oil,Also fresh fuel with a good premix.Post back if you have questions, Good Luck!!!

• hallsy

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

When you say "make my CR 250 faster" are you refering to maximum speed? If so I think you'd want to look into mods. that allow your motor to rev higher or change your sprockets/gear ratio.

• cr250rman

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

First off, if you are the much faster or a better rider a stock CR250 would dog a 450. But since your asking for mods, Get a VForce3 or boyeson Rad valve( I heard the Rad valve gives a more noticable power boost than the VForce, but since I have a VForce3 on my 06'CR250 I can vouch it does make jetting the bike easier and when it is jetted perfect the bike does pull a little bit harder in the middle). Next your gonna want engine mods done, I sent my cylinder and cyl. head to "Fast Forward Racing", the guy will talk to you on the phone answering all your questions and also give advice about how to build power with your bike.I had my cylinder ported and the bore honed,and he also milled my cylinder head for more compression. He ported it and milled the head for exactly what gas I would be running (VP C-12) and altitudes I would be running my bike.Other than that your gonna want a good pipe & silencer(procircuit pipes are good). With those mods your bike will be a beast!!! mine hauls ass when you twist the throttle.Yeah its gonna cost a little bit of money, But before you do all these mods you want to be sure you can keep your bike maintained and in good running order.Really all this bike needs is a top-end every season and clean Trans oil,Also fresh fuel with a good premix.Post back if you have questions, Good Luck!!!

ive been looking into bore kits ect. but there just so expensive for my tight budget. how much did all that cost for you? i might just decide to get a whole new bored top end and piston but what company would you reccomend

• A5 Junkie

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

The question is "how badly do you want to outrun him"? Its not very cost effective to throw copious amounts of $$ into a dirt bike when in reality you're throwing your hard earned dollars out the window because you certainly won't capture it when you attempt to sell it. Personally, I'd sit on my wallet and let him cruise on by and when his breaks and "it will" I'd pull that same wallet out, show it to him and then scoff.

• 2strokeforlife

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:05 PM

haha i agree with a5 junkie

• KGAWDTSi

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

If you just want your bike to be faster top speed put a larger front sprocket on along with a smaller rear sprocket. After you prove that your bike is faster at top speed, switch back to the sprockets that you originally had on the bike so that you do not loose all your low end. Cheapest, easiest mod.

• cr250rman

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

The question is "how badly do you want to outrun him"? Its not very cost effective to throw copious amounts of $$ into a dirt bike when in reality you're throwing your hard earned dollars out the window because you certainly won't capture it when you attempt to sell it. Personally, I'd sit on my wallet and let him cruise on by and when his breaks and "it will" I'd pull that same wallet out, show it to him and then scoff.

that always works

Related Content

Forums
Photo

1996 cr80 big guy mods by Delaney686

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Another pwk thread, 05 cr125, YZ pwk by zotis777

• Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

How long would a 2004 cr125 last? by Michaelthebeast

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

89CR250R - Stalls out when clutch is released (in first gear) by Rob_89

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Spring Rebuild Pictorial by Fattonz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  72 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.