Footpeg Protectors?

11 replies to this topic
  • MX926

Posted May 30, 2008 - 06:15 PM

Has anyone seen the peg protectors some of the teams are running? Keeps the pegs from filling with mud when they fold up. I saw them in a pic of Josh Hill, and in a Josh Summey Pic. Can we purchase these? Just wondering. I've seen the rubber ones from accerbis, these look different.

• MX926

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:00 PM

I found some additional pics, on JGRMX website, they definately look custom made. I couldn't get the link to copy though. They look way trick. Anyone know if they plan to sell some of their custom parts??

• gtxkid

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:31 PM

I seen them 2 days ago in Barns and Noble book store when i was looking theww the MX magazine's.
Do not know what Mag had them in it.
Came home and was also looking to buy some now but do not know who sells them.
let me know if you find them.
Greg

• KJ790

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:33 PM

They are titanium footpeg skid plates made by JGR for their team. Factory Yamaha saw them and liked them so much they had JGR make them some for their bikes too. I doubt the public will get their hands on them very easily.

• nap__kxf

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:46 PM

They are titanium footpeg skid plates made by JGR for their team. Factory Yamaha saw them and liked them so much they had JGR make them some for their bikes too. I doubt the public will get their hands on them very easily.

whats to stop us from making our own? other than the fact that its titanium.

• gtxkid

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:46 PM

The one's i seen are rubber boots
They wrap arround the pivot area.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:49 PM

whats to stop us from making our own? other than the fact that its titanium.

Nothing, I was just saying that I doubt you will be buying them from motosport anytime soon. I make tons of parts for my bikes.

• rickallen124

Posted May 30, 2008 - 09:30 PM

Actually, when I talked to JGR's suspension tech at seattle he said that they planned on putting the engine mounts and footpeg glide plates into production in the near future. How soon is anyones guess.

• rickallen124

Posted May 30, 2008 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

• gtxkid

Posted May 31, 2008 - 07:20 PM

Found them. These are new and made of rubber.
There made by Acerbis
Here is a link http://www.acerbis.c...univ_acces.html

• DPW

Posted June 01, 2008 - 10:57 AM

another pic....

Posted Image

• nap__kxf

Posted June 01, 2008 - 07:45 PM

Nothing, I was just saying that I doubt you will be buying them from motosport anytime soon. I make tons of parts for my bikes.

speaking of making your own parts, next time you're coming out to california give me a heads up, i need some new trick parts :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.