2009 YZ450F Info June 6th

89 replies to this topic
  • ZMoney520

Posted May 30, 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hello all! If you are like me I can't wait to here what the 2009 YZ450F will really have on it. Well, I talked to my dad today, he owns a Yamaha dealership in Georgia, and he told me that yamaha announces their new 4 wheeler stuff on June 6th and they have always announced the YZ's at the same time. So it looks like we are very close to turning rumors into facts. I am hoping for the 3 year life cycle and some major changes. I don't want to wait till 2010 for major improvements.

• KAS

Posted May 30, 2008 - 08:00 PM

Spy photos from Japan don't show much on the '09 YZ's.

New swingarm seems to be the most visible change.

I heard EFI in 2010.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 31, 2008 - 06:08 AM

Dont expect much change for 09
new swingarm and revised linkage like the 250F -
oh and of course bold new graphics :thumbsup:
Efi for 2010

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2008 - 06:54 AM

Efi for 2010

I heard EFI for 2007. :thumbsup:

• Cadoewen

Posted May 31, 2008 - 09:57 AM

id rather have a carb and replace a $5 jet than buy a $400 programmer :thumbsup:

• swaldrop

Posted May 31, 2008 - 10:04 AM

id rather have a carb and replace a $5 jet than buy a $400 programmer :ride:

And I'll bet you don't buy cars with power windows either because it's just one more of those new fangled things that can break, right? :thumbsup:

Just kidding, but come on... If we balked at every new technological advance we would still have twin shocks and drum brakes... EFI is coming, like it or not...

• Cadoewen

Posted May 31, 2008 - 10:43 AM

im not saying EFI is junk i just think a carb is simpler :thumbsup: and i dont think it is going to be a great advantage performance wise

• swaldrop

Posted May 31, 2008 - 10:54 AM

im not saying EFI is junk i just think a carb is simpler :thumbsup: and i dont think it is going to be a great advantage performance wise

Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time. I believe that once it has been around a while, we will wonder how we lived without it.

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2008 - 01:15 PM

Having worked on both, carbs are NOT simpler.

• 642MX

Posted May 31, 2008 - 04:23 PM

No EFI again?..... Suzuki is killing them in the technology department. I've never been a Suzuki fan, but they are looking better to me. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KAS

Posted May 31, 2008 - 06:09 PM

No EFI again?..... Suzuki is killing them in the technology department. I've never been a Suzuki fan, but they are looking better to me. :thumbsup:

"Killing" them? Because they have fuel injection? Gas Gas & Sherco had FI on their bikes for a couple years now. Are they "killing" Yamaha, tech-wise?

Actually those new RMZ's were killing themselves.....the first batch were backfiring and cracking the cases.

• 642MX

Posted May 31, 2008 - 06:17 PM

"Killing" them? Because they have fuel injection? Gas Gas & Sherco had FI on their bikes for a couple years now. Are they "killing" Yamaha, tech-wise?

Actually those new RMZ's were killing themselves.....the first batch were backfiring and cracking the cases.

The RMZ will be in the second year of EFI on the 450 bike. The 450 quad has had it for years..... yes, Suzuki is killing, (smoking, tearing up, whatever word you want to use) Yamaha on technology.

Its sad that the brand that invented the modern day 4 stroke MXer is not on top of the EFI game.

• KAS

Posted May 31, 2008 - 07:07 PM

The RMZ will be in the second year of EFI on the 450 bike. The 450 quad has had it for years..... yes, Suzuki is killing, (smoking, tearing up, whatever word you want to use) Yamaha on technology.

Its sad that the brand that invented the modern day 4 stroke MXer is not on top of the EFI game.

Wonder why Zip-Ty Racing went with the RM250 2-stroke when they first jumped ship to Susucki hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................... :thumbsup:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted May 31, 2008 - 09:16 PM

I wouldn't mind EFI on the Yamaha. I hate it when I have to get to my carb on my 450.

• Family Man

Posted June 01, 2008 - 07:04 AM

Maybe, the dealer could just programe the bike for your area, as part of setup. Then your bike would run optimal.

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2008 - 07:09 AM

Maybe it will have a baro sensor, and adjust itself. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted June 01, 2008 - 08:14 AM

I heard EFI for 2007. :ride:

wasn't that the truth.....
the acronym for 2007 EFI..... efficient functioning idiocracy :thumbsup:

let me tell you a lot of time the most/best technology is not the ideal way

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2008 - 08:34 AM

There are 3 reasons, which could occur in any combination, why Yamaha might not use EFI on the YZF.

> They don't like how the current system works

> The current system, or the one that would work well enough to satisfy them, costs too much, or is not profitable

> They have a contract with Keihin that hasn't run out yet.

• offthewall

Posted June 01, 2008 - 11:11 AM

Maybe, the dealer could just programe the bike for your area, as part of setup. Then your bike would run optimal.

Maybe EFI could be an option? Then, if you want to get your 2010(?) model with a carb or with an EFI, you could get the one that suits your tastes (or fears). This idea seems like a great leap forward in marketing, where we the riders have always had to buy the same bike as everyone else; now we can pick and choose what we want.

• dirtrider04

Posted June 01, 2008 - 11:26 AM

where did it say efi for 2010 or are we just assuming like usual?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.