dirt into his dip stick hole?

5 replies to this topic
  • Demo_Slug

Posted May 30, 2008 - 02:28 PM

My buddy knocked a big chunk of dirt into his dip stick hole on his 08WR450. Now he is afraid to start it??? what is the best way to flush that out?

• William1

Posted May 30, 2008 - 02:39 PM

I'd pop the side cover off and clean out as much as possible. Run the bike for a minute, change the oil (cheap oil) and filter, run for a few minutes and change it again.

• Demo_Slug

Posted May 30, 2008 - 03:16 PM

I'd pop the side cover off and clean out as much as possible. Run the bike for a minute, change the oil (cheap oil) and filter, run for a few minutes and change it again.

Cheap oil , like yamalube :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WIRE-DOC

Posted May 31, 2008 - 04:35 PM

is yamalube cheap oil? thats what i use. what is better?

• resinlips

Posted May 31, 2008 - 05:00 PM

Diesel works great for flushing things out also.

• roushxteam199

Posted May 31, 2008 - 06:10 PM

if its like my 03 why dont you pull both oil hoses from the frame and shoot parts cleaner than air to try to get it all out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.