Question regarding Airrated Oil from Head tube

4 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 16, 2002 - 05:42 AM

Hey my bud just got a 02WR426, I have a 00YZ426.

He went riding yesterday and after he noticed that a spot of milkie drainage was on the Truck bed.

There was an earlier post @
http://www.thumperta...ic&f=3&t=003219

With the same question in 2001.

Has anyone determined or come up with a explain other then the post. I believe this is airated oil. Day was cool and the bike was trailed around mildly "VERY Mildly" probably rode 1 1/2 hours on it.....

I have not seen this from the YZ

[ May 16, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 16, 2002 - 07:08 AM

This is very normal AND expected.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 16, 2002 - 07:24 AM

This is very normal especially if you overfill or base your oil level on the top line portion of the dip stick oil level indicator. I fill mine to the mid mark & have little to no leakage. Yes it is aerated oil.........

• ISBB

Posted May 16, 2002 - 07:42 AM

Whew i was gonna ask the same question a couple days ago but i fingerd it was cuz i put a bit too much oil in it... not like comin out the top but a little over the full mark.. i too had went on mild trail rides taht day for bout 2 1/2 hours and parked the bike and a hour later noticed the same milkyoil on the concrete of the garage then i came to the conclusion that i put too much oil and it just overflowed.. OHH WELL... a littl emore mobile 1 down the drain..

• blue_beast_wins

Posted May 17, 2002 - 12:35 PM

Call it condensation folks, no doubt you went throu a river or even a puddle will do it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.