2005 WR450 Dead Spot

2 replies to this topic
  • Marc WRP

Posted May 29, 2008 - 12:36 PM

I have a really bad dead spot just off idle. I have swapped out all electronic components off of my other bike and it did not solve the problem. But when i unplug the TPS the problem goes completely away. So i bought a new TPS and it did not cure the problem. When TPS is off of the carb but plugged in I still have the stutter so i am assuming it is electrical. Has anyone ever seen this before? Will i damage anything running with the TPS disconnected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted May 30, 2008 - 03:46 AM

If you actually adjusted the TPS properly and the problem still exists I would have to say it's your AP timing.
I cleaned my carb during the winter, added a performance pipe and when spring came I had the same issue.
I adjusted my AP squirt timing which took about 1/8th of a turn in and everything was great again.

• Marc WRP

Posted May 30, 2008 - 04:28 PM

what is the proper way to adjust the TPS

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.