I am having no problems with my YZ450

53 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:28 AM

I ride/race the pi$$ out of my '06 pretty much every weekend and I have no problems with it at all. It runs like a champ! All I do is change the oil, air filter, and keep it lubed where it should. :thumbsup:

Anybody else...?

• BergArabia

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:46 AM

Yeah me too..

• Ga426owner

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:50 AM

Wiz great thread! Especially as of lately :thumbsup:
I am very fortunate that I have had zero problems on my 06 and even better, zero mechanical/motor issues on my 03.
Now I do realize that these are all timebombs....but, knock on wood.....knock knock....NO ISSUES!

• grayracer513

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:52 AM

Well, I don't know, I'm having a lot of trouble with the nearly two year-old '06 I have. First, there was a set of fork seals, then recently the water pump seals, and let's see, oh yeah, the kick starter seal, too. And it still hasn't needed a valve adjustment. I think I'll have to sell it at this rate.

• Kasjok

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:53 AM

I have had 04, 07 and now 08 model. I have never had a problem with them.

• bajamoto

Posted May 29, 2008 - 10:32 AM

my main problem is only being able to ride my bike 2 times a month.

that and gas prices.

she starts 3 or 4 kicks cold and 1st kick warm.

change the oil every 5 hours, oil filter every 10.

• Lowedog

Posted May 29, 2008 - 08:11 PM

I keep having to replace the rear tire on mine! :thumbsup:

• NorCal

Posted May 29, 2008 - 08:13 PM

I just had two valves tighten on me.... after 174 hours!:thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:26 PM

I ride/race the pi$$ out of my '06 pretty much every weekend and I have no problems with it at all. It runs like a champ! All I do is change the oil, air filter, and keep it lubed where it should. :thumbsup:

Anybody else...?

I hate that it takes 2 kicks to start - anytime, anyplace.:ride:

These things are bulletproof, but did have a fork seal leak on me early on. That's about the only problem from what I can recall.

• WB450

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:39 AM

The only problem I've had with mine is riding it enough.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:46 AM

No problems with my 08......but it only has 6 hours. My first 4 stroke and I love it.

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 30, 2008 - 09:18 AM

Never had any problems with an 03 yz450 i owned for a year in 05.

no problems with my 06 WR450.

• angrybob

Posted May 30, 2008 - 11:18 AM

After sorting out my jetting post-used purchase, my '06 450 has been running flawlessly. I upgraded from an '00 426 and am very impressed with how far things have came, especially in the chassis.

• BergArabia

Posted May 30, 2008 - 11:23 AM

Mine is a bit too loud and makes too much roost..
Other than that it is great..

Posted May 30, 2008 - 12:04 PM

I've had a lot of trouble with fork seals. Other than that, my '06 has been great. Even when the valves tighten up it starts fine and runs great. Don't know about the hours but I've been through at least 6 sets of sprokets?? I sure wish I could find a solution to the fork seal issue- any advise?

• KJ790

Posted May 30, 2008 - 01:57 PM

I'm having tons of problems with mine. I can't think about anything else all day, can't focus, just want to ride :thumbsup: . Other than that it has been great! I guess you could say I'm a lucky guy.

• steve_97060

Posted May 30, 2008 - 03:14 PM

my 06 has been trouble free, just clean the air filter, and change the oil.. the forks have weeped a couple of times but I just use a motion pro seal cleaner (thin plastic like film) to clear it out and clean/grease the dust cover and it is good to go..

and this one should get a rise out of you, I am still on the original chain and sprockets...:thumbsup:

• Scooter426

Posted May 30, 2008 - 06:06 PM

for you guys with fork seal problems, try the thin plastic film trick. Motion Pro also makes one. Usually after very muddy motos, you will have a problem if you do not clean your bike up (before the mud dries).

• jf52

Posted May 30, 2008 - 09:02 PM

Bought my first dirt bike since 1988 this past March. At the time I wasn't sure if a YZ450 was the best choice after being a four wheeler for so long. I am happy to say that other than dumping it in three feet of water and trying to kick it afterward :thumbsup: It is a tank. Starts first or second kick every time.
I will post pics and bike stats later.

• mike_dean

Posted June 01, 2008 - 07:06 AM

Only 2.5 hrs on my '06, muffler buzzes (rattle or vibration) at certain rpm from the first time I started it, other than that just modded to fit me better, and rejetted. Over 530 hrs on my '00 426 and no engine or trans problems. TTr 125 everything broken by an 11 yr old 90# kid, hubs, frame, engine mounts, wheels, engine cases, strg stem, top triple clamp, bars, levers, frt forks, etc. Mike

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.