Neutral switch cover question

5 replies to this topic
  • Rando400

Posted November 27, 2002 - 06:23 PM

Has anybody removed the neutral switch and replaced it with a Zip-Ty neutral switch cover? It seems like the way to go if it does away with unnecesary wiring. I just put mine on but can't start my bike or ride until Friday. I have seen plenty of posts about removing the "blue wire" but I have not seen any about doing away with the whole switch. If nobody out there has done this I will report back if anybody else is thinking about doing this.

• Rando400

Posted November 27, 2002 - 06:27 PM

Sometimes I hate reading my post's after I submit. The last sentence of my original post makes me sound like an idiot. :)

• MotoGreg

Posted November 27, 2002 - 08:04 PM

I have the Zip-Ty billet piece on my '99WR400. I just removed the whole wire harness that's attached to the stock switch... I've had it on for around three years now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted November 27, 2002 - 09:39 PM

I ordered mine a while back, but did not receive it yet.

• PMK

Posted November 28, 2002 - 04:04 AM

Mines been on for a couple of years. Well worth the money. Don't forget to pull the spring and pin from the shift drum since it's no longer needed.

• bajabunk

Posted November 28, 2002 - 05:17 AM

I've had mine on for about six months now. My bike seems to start on the 1st or 2nd kick whether it is hot or cold or hasn't been started for a week or two. I think it is well worth the money.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.