GPR or Scotts??

7 replies to this topic
  • Diablo161

Posted May 28, 2008 - 08:23 AM

After this last race I have decided that I need a steering stablelizer. I know of two GPR and Scotts does anyone have either of these and what do you think of them. I race desert so I am trying to save my arms a bit of pain during the raceses

• BajaFool

Posted May 28, 2008 - 09:19 AM

GPR stabilizers can't be beat. I've had one on my 2003 and 2006 WR450F. They are cheaper than Scott's, work just as good, come with FREE lifetime service, are manufactured near San Diego (actually on Otay Mesa) and the owner is a desert racer and all around good guy. No the owner isn't my brother-in-law and he doesn't owe me money.

• kawi380

Posted May 29, 2008 - 01:00 PM

I have used both and would go with either. I did have an older model GPR that I sent in to get serviced and they gave me a brand new one. Scotts has never taken care of me.

• turbohead

Posted May 29, 2008 - 03:00 PM

If you are serious, forget them both. Go for the real thing instead, an Öhlins SD MX 2.0 (outperforms everything called a steering damper). Available for most mx bikes.

http://www.ohlins.se/ms/sdmx.asp

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WIRE-DOC

Posted May 29, 2008 - 08:21 PM

dont get a new gpr! i have a new v4:mad: :thumbsup: check post from a few days ago= GPR stabilizer feels loose by= bladerunner426 ... design is too simple. not worth 400-500$

• kawi380

Posted June 02, 2008 - 07:27 AM

If you are serious, forget them both. Go for the real thing instead, an Öhlins SD MX 2.0 (outperforms everything called a steering damper). Available for most mx bikes.

http://www.ohlins.se/ms/sdmx.asp

I believe Scotts dampers are made by Ohlins.

• valaris415

Posted June 02, 2008 - 05:07 PM

Scotts and ohlins are the same.... Go for a scotts under-bar mount. BRP has a great setup.

• turbohead

Posted June 03, 2008 - 12:03 AM

It all goes back to the Swedish Unic damper from the 80s. It looked the same as Scotts and older Öhlins do (there are still working dampers from those years around). When Öhlins bought the rights to produce them and develop them further, they eventually ended up under different brand names, too. However, have a look at the Öhlins web and you'll see things they only sell under their own brand name right now. Perhaps other brands will get them, too, sooner or later.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.