White fluid from cylinder head tube?

2 replies to this topic
  • Red-eyed_Demon

Posted May 15, 2002 - 09:02 PM

I have a brand new 2002 WR426 (totally stock) that I took out and rode for the first time today. After I was done riding, and brought the bike home, I noticed some clear/white syrup/fluid had dripped from the cylinder head breather tube. After I parked it into my garage, a small amount dripped onto the garage floor. It's petroleum based, and kind of has the consistency of grease. Any ideas what it is?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted May 15, 2002 - 10:28 PM

:) It should be just oil mist and water vapour mixed together from the crankcase, all normal :D

• XR6's_rule

Posted May 16, 2002 - 12:21 AM

The completely rebuilt engine in my '99 WR4 does this as well soometimes. It seems to happen more when I'm riding in wet conditions. I've drained the oil and there's no white in it so at I don't think we have anything to worry about!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.