Mollibdinum disulfide grease

2 replies to this topic
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted November 27, 2002 - 10:24 AM


I was looking through the manual and noticed that all swingarm components call for this type of grease. Does anyone use this particular grease or do you just use a good waterproof grease? What brand and type of grease do you preffer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted November 27, 2002 - 11:12 AM


I don't have it in front of me, and can't remember what it is called, but I got a tub of Bel Ray grease that lists that component. I also have a tub of Yamalube, to be honest I've never checked to see if it has the Moly, and I generally use the Yamalube on my linkage (and air filter).

Molybdenum Disulfide is common to many assembly lubes. Personally, I wouldn't trip all over myself trying to find it where linkage, steering and wheel bearings are concerned, but where the manual calls for it in the motor (assembly lube) I do use it.

But you might check for the moly as an ingredient in whatever Bel Ray grease they have at your local shop.

Hope this helps.

  • skthom2320

Posted November 27, 2002 - 11:40 AM


I looked around at the ingredients in the greases at my local auto parts store. I don't have it in front of me but I ended up with two common types of grease - one had the moly the other the lithium-base. it was about 2 otr 3 bucks total.

I use the moly stuff in the swingarm and linkage and bel-ray waterproof everywhere else.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.