Hotrod Crank

2 replies to this topic
  • kikk0

Posted May 27, 2008 - 10:51 AM

How is the quality on this crank?
Is it worth to buy a new crank or just a new connecting rod?

What about balancing the crank? is that nescecary?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • headhunter622

Posted May 27, 2008 - 06:23 PM

I have used several Hot Rod connecting rods and have never had a problem with them. If you have a press, set if V blocks, dial indicator, calipers, and a brass hammer you can do your own. If not I would see what a local shop charges to press in a new rod. if the price is close just buy the new complete crank. just my opinion...

• kikk0

Posted May 28, 2008 - 08:24 AM

I searched the product database and found that there didn't exist a crank for my year. only 04-06. My question is has anyone managed to fit a hotrod crank for yz 03-05 or wr 04-06 on a 03 model? What can the differnce be?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.