Deal of the day!

12 replies to this topic
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted May 26, 2008 - 09:46 PM

I just bought this FMF Ti 4 pipe and Ti powerbomb header from a guy on craigslist for $150:applause: . He said he used it for only 3 rides, it doesn't have but 2 scratches that are not bad at all. I'm not crazy about the Titanium because I've heard it's not too durable, but I couldn't pass up $150 for the full system. I'm just hoping it's not too loud, he also gave me a quiet core just in case but they usually make the exhaust tone unusual.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So do you guys think I got a steal or what? I do....

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 26, 2008 - 10:50 PM

That is an awesome deal :thumbsup:

Now if you'd just do something about that pleather chair

• intensem1rider

Posted May 27, 2008 - 03:18 AM

Keep the header, but take that pipe and cut it in half and do the world a favor, thats the loudest pipe ever produced by man, you single handedly will be shutting down riding areas the next state over they are so loud!

• matt4x4

Posted May 27, 2008 - 04:28 AM

excellent buy - definitely install the quiet core, then go back on Craig's list and buy a new chair!

• grayracer513

Posted May 27, 2008 - 06:04 AM

Keep the header, but take that pipe and cut it in half and do the world a favor, thats the loudest pipe ever produced by man,

No it isn't, not by any means. I've owned them before, and they are simply not out of the normal race pipe noise range. You may have had one with baked or missing packing, but the Ti4 I had was quieter than the YZ250F my son had at the time, and stayed that way for a long time.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted May 27, 2008 - 06:11 AM

Yeah I know the chair isn't looking the best right now. Oh well it's still comfortable!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted May 27, 2008 - 09:18 AM

nice find..

• earl69

Posted May 27, 2008 - 03:22 PM

I've got one on my bike.

How do you quiet them down?

earl

• 02WR426Cali

Posted May 27, 2008 - 08:19 PM

I've got one on my bike.

How do you quiet them down?

earl

So are you saying it's super loud?
You can buy a quiet core for like $23 from almost anyone who sells fmf. I got mine with the pipe. I will try it out with and without. So are you saying it's super loud?

• BASSic

Posted May 28, 2008 - 08:57 AM

thats the loudest pipe ever produced by man

I guess you never heard of Thunder Alley (unless there's a louder one out there that I'm not aware of).

If I had a dB meter, I'd try and prove that an open header is quieter than a Thunder Alley pipe.

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2008 - 10:00 AM

The White Brothers R4 was a piece of work, too. Not bad when you're riding it, of course, but from anywhere else....

• 02WR426Cali

Posted May 28, 2008 - 03:49 PM

Well it is definately loud! I put it on today and started it up (haven't ridden it yet) and it is probably too loud. I will have to try the quiet core when I go riding and see how that is. Hopefully it will not hurt power. I was suprised that it was not any lighter than my stock YZ muffler and the headpipes were the same as well. I was of course going by feel, they might be a few ounces different but I can't tell. It does look a lot better though!

• 02WR426Cali

Posted June 09, 2008 - 12:03 PM

I tested it out this past weekend up in the LPNF. I used the quiet core so it was very quiet at low rpms but still fairly loud in the uppers. Performance wise, the powerband seems a little smoother, but there is not a huge difference. I do like the way the pipe sounds though, much deeper tone. Overall I am happy so far because it's a little quieter than the stock YZ slip on I had and didn't lose any power.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.