Will WR shrouds fit on a YZ tank?

9 replies to this topic
  • BigDesto

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:25 PM

I have an 02 WR426, just wondering if i need to buy the YZ shouds to fit a clark yz tank? Have the tank already, still looking for a YZ seat. :)

• neWRiver

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:42 PM

I believe they should work fine. Seems to me that the shroud is more specific to the radiators, anyway (YZF's have smaller radiators).

I have an '01 WR250F and I mounted an older model YZ400F tank and was able to get the WRF shrouds to mount up just fine. Yours should be an even closer fit.

• BigDesto

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:59 PM

Thanks,Newriver- i will soon find out when i try
to mount them.Still looking for a YZ seat Anybody?

• freestyle111

Posted May 15, 2002 - 01:07 PM

yz and wr plastic is same except for rear fenders.side plates might be a little different but are still interchangable

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 15, 2002 - 02:19 PM

There is a difference between 98-99 and 00-beyond Radiator Guards. On the 98-99 the front lower mount is cylindrical and sticks straight out. On the 00 and later the Front lower mount is slanted because of the thiner profile.

The lesson cost me $40.00 to learn.

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted May 15, 2002 - 04:50 PM

Yes.......I did this with my 99 400 and my 01 250
and had no problems. Used the WR petcock as well.
:)

• SoCalWR426

Posted May 15, 2002 - 05:26 PM

Yes!

SoCal

• neWRiver

Posted May 15, 2002 - 06:11 PM

An complete OEM YZF seat goes at about $165.

The SDG complete replacement seat is a pretty good buy at about $80. Gripper cover (only comes in black) and fits like OEM. It's just as hard, too. :)

http://www.btosports...t/SDG_Seat.html

Bob's Cycle and Rocky Mountain also carry them.

• Hick

Posted May 15, 2002 - 09:10 PM

Originally posted by neWRiver:
An complete OEM YZF seat goes at about $165.

The SDG complete replacement seat is a pretty good buy at about $80. Gripper cover (only comes in black) and fits like OEM. It's just as hard, too. :)

Buy the version that Moose sells and you have the option of taller and softer foam, same price (maybe a few bucks more, I think I paid about ninety).

I love the taller foam so much I often wonder if the rest of you realize what you are missing. I've tried taller foam (N-Style and Fact. Effex, I think) w/ gripper covers, and liked that, but so far I actually prefer the SDG/Moose cover, it is sort of a compromise between the gripper and the slick stock material. Your ass can hang on in a corner, but you can also easily reposition if you fail to hang on. The “tall” Moose version is softer than stock but not extra cushy. I’d say it is a bit shorter and firmer than the N-Style “tall” foam (which is I think around $40 all by itself).

On the Moose seat (which is, as far as I can tell, identical to the SDG) the cover isn’t as rubbery/sticky as an ordinary “gripper” cover (like the N-Style I have on my ’00), but it isn’t slick like the stocker. It also, so far, doesn’t exhibit wear and dirt as easily as an all-gripper cover like N-Style’s.

• Joel_Gibson

Posted May 17, 2002 - 05:14 AM

I agree, the SDG YZ tall seat foam is great. Stable, but comfortable.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.