Unabiker rad guards on a 2008 WR

8 replies to this topic
  • wartsnuff

Posted May 26, 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hey Guys,

has anyone tried this, i decided to try put them on tonight.

and they appear to not fit :thumbsup:

have a look at the pic, let me know what you guys think?

Posted Image

maybe i am missing something ? or maybe i making a idiot mistake. but it just don't fit as far as i can tell :ride:

thanks guys

cheers
Warts

• wr_matt

Posted May 26, 2008 - 06:58 PM

What does the other guard look like...? I just put them on my '07. It took a little bit of persuasion but they fit just fine.:thumbsup:

• wartsnuff

Posted May 26, 2008 - 07:23 PM

What does the other guard look like...? I just put them on my '07. It took a little bit of persuasion but they fit just fine.:thumbsup:

I have tried both sides... the holes made for the rad mount are just 1/2 - 1" out of wack. little more than persuasion or modding imo...

but an 07 they are listed for. sooo... i maybe stuck.

cheers
Warts

• wr_matt

Posted May 26, 2008 - 07:55 PM

I'll take some pic's in the morning and post them up... I know those pieces can be a bit of jigsaw puzzle. You really need to pay close attention to the instructions, unless they sent you the wrong kit. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tombis

Posted May 27, 2008 - 08:37 PM

Those big holes are not for the rad mounts they are for the stock mounts for the reenforcing bars. I put those same rad guards on my 2008 wr450 no problem. if you look carefully at the diagram that came with the instructions you will figure it out

(I thought the same thing at first)

• broccoli2

Posted May 28, 2008 - 05:15 AM

From the picture on their web site it looks like you should use the holes farthest in (the smaller ones) , in your picture it looks like it will fit. Ounce you get them installed it would be great to see a finished picture.
Good luck

• resinlips

Posted May 28, 2008 - 06:11 AM

I took the rad halfs off the bike and pre assembled the gaurds. This made it easy to tighten all the little allen bolts. Also use loctite on the threads cause they are a bitch to get to if they loosen up on you down the road.

• wartsnuff

Posted May 28, 2008 - 07:26 AM

thanks guys,

thats good news :thumbsup:

i will try again on the weekend...

i have reinstalled everything to ride :ride:

• wartsnuff

Posted June 02, 2008 - 06:12 AM

Well Guys,

thanks to TT for all the help...

i did get the rad gaurds on, it took about 2 hours of carefull work...

had to slightly modify the left side plastic... took about 5 minutes to customize.

now they are on finally.

again thanks everyone for your help!

cheers
warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.