Spokes

8 replies to this topic
  • blue_warrior

Posted May 15, 2002 - 07:43 AM

While I was riding the other day I noticed that a spoke nipple had back off and the spoke rapped around my from axle (not a pretty site). I am now in search of a 1 front spoke but my local shop tells me that Yamaha only sells them in sets???? Any idea where I can find a front spoke for my 01 wr426?

• Ga426owner

Posted May 15, 2002 - 07:59 AM

That is not true. You can purchase single spokes from the dealer. That dealer may not want to sell singles.

• freestyle111

Posted May 15, 2002 - 10:20 AM

i have a some extra spokes.i have to check if they are for front or rear wheel.ill send you a couple free. pm me

• freestyle111

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:52 PM

i have good news and bad news.[bad news] i just finished for searching for spokes and i only have 2 spokes left.[good news]they are both front spokes.they are off 98 wr400 stock rim.front rims have 2 different length spokes,so you need to check which spoke you need the long or short.i only have long ones

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_warrior

Posted May 16, 2002 - 02:27 AM

Thank You freestyle, I will check and let you know.

• MOmilkman

Posted May 16, 2002 - 02:46 AM

I seen a whole set of spokes on e-bay last night.
They were going for $5

Not sure if they were front or back though.

• MOmilkman

Posted May 16, 2002 - 04:26 AM

Here ya go. They are for a front YZ wheel!

E-Bay spoke set

• blue_warrior

Posted May 16, 2002 - 06:47 AM

Thank You MOmilkman, I have just e-mailed that person to see if they would sell them to me and end there auction

• MOmilkman

Posted May 16, 2002 - 07:14 AM

Actullaly I think thats agianst e-bay rules if someone has already bid on it.

but good luck!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.