time for a new clutch

2 replies to this topic
  • hourout

Posted November 26, 2002 - 06:07 PM

my stock clutch has two seasons now of east cost enduro abuse. what cluthes do you all recomend. this will be my first clutch change because i have not had a bike longer than a year. i ride a 2001 xr 650r. any info will be appreciated encluding part # i also am interested in the auto clutch idea because of racing tight woods. thanks in advance.. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted November 26, 2002 - 09:32 PM

Sometime in late 2001 Honda updated the XR650R clutch bushing with some more holes for lubrication and they also chamfered the edge of the bushing. If you haven't already installed the new style bushing, then you may want to also change this out. This part is very inexpensive. The Honda part number for the new updated bushing is 22116-MBN-671.

• RunAnywhere

Posted November 28, 2002 - 04:09 AM

Gadsan is getting a group purchase together for a discounted rate on an auto clutch. Look under his post and see if your time schedules will coincide.

Good Luck

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.