Baja Designs wiring diagram

11 replies to this topic
  • MN

Posted May 15, 2002 - 07:24 AM

Any one out there who purchased a Baja Designs dual sport kit for a WR/YZ 426 willing to part with the wiring diagram and or component specs for the battery and regulator / rectifier? I am going to buy some of their components, but it does not sound like they will part with the diagram unless you buy the entire kit.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 15, 2002 - 07:34 AM

I'll se if I can find mine when I get home from work this afternoon. But you don't have to buy a kit from anybody to be able to dual-sport your bike. I've got a Baja Designs kit on my WR and it has not held up very well.

• MN

Posted May 16, 2002 - 07:43 AM

Thanks Rich, check your private messages, I gave you my fax if you need it.

• freestyle111

Posted May 16, 2002 - 09:35 PM

i hate baja designs.they are a bunch of greedy bastards.if you dont have proof you purchased a bajadesigns kit they wont answer any questions reguarding licensing bike.they always try and sell more than you need.they dont care about the rider just his wallet.

• mattnohiohills2

Posted August 16, 2002 - 05:00 PM

I hate to say it but I need a copy of the (CORRECT) wiring of the 2002 WR wiring diagram. I had had them but my wife decided to clean out the garage and that was the last I have seen of themeverything went dead last week and they dont seem willing to send me another diagram. The tech assist guys I have talked to were useless. I was having trouble with the install and called in and found out the diagram they have been sending oout is not 100% correct, I don't remember if it had an extra wire or a missing one. They did help me with that one. Yes I am getting voltage from al the way back to and through the battery and rectifier.

• mattnohiohills2

Posted August 18, 2002 - 06:45 AM

RE request for info on baha designs wiring diagram. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted August 18, 2002 - 02:42 PM

The last Baja kit I installed was on my 2002 bike. When I called BD for the new wiring diagram I was told the kit had the current drawing. Unfortunately the diagram was the same one from my 98 kit I installed on my WR400 back in the day. BD tech support didn't know anything about a current diagram.
So I have my nifty color wiring diagram from my 98 WR. Since BD doen't have a color diagram available there should be no copywrite crap over this.
If you need one send me a PM

• Hollywood

Posted August 19, 2002 - 01:05 AM

I just Dualsported my DRZ and bought one of the BD switch panels, which are generic to any bike - unless prewired as part of one of their dual sport packages. In other words, if you buy it for a specific bike, they'll snip wires not needed and put plugs on that match your bike etc.

Since I didn't buy a complete kit, I only bought pieces, I have the complete wiring diagram for the switch panel that they use in all their kits. It includes all the wires and what they're used for.

Let me know if you'd like me to fax a copy to you.

Hollywood

By the way, I had good luck with getting tech support from them even though I didn't buy the full kit. I spoke with Dan @ x101. Give him a try.

• Hollywood

Posted August 19, 2002 - 01:07 AM

I just Dualsported my DRZ and bought one of the BD switch panels, which are generic to any bike - unless prewired as part of one of their dual sport packages. In other words, if you buy it for a specific bike, they'll snip wires not needed and put plugs on that match your bike etc.

Since I didn't buy a complete kit, I only bought pieces, I have the complete wiring diagram for the switch panel that they use in all their kits. It includes all the wires and what they're used for.

Let me know if you'd like me to fax a copy to you.

Hollywood

By the way, I had good luck with getting tech support from them even though I didn't buy the full kit. I spoke with Dan @ x101. Give him a try.

• xdasy

Posted October 17, 2003 - 03:01 AM

G'day zacnavage I am hoping that the 99 wr400 is the same. I have just bought the bike and put all the speedo and lights back on but my manual misses and skips the foot brake and blinkers etc. If you have could you please email me or anybody else to help me out?
cheers xdasy. :)

• wrooster

Posted October 17, 2003 - 09:24 AM

here's a diagram that may help...

http://losdos.dyndns...f-wiring_sm.jpg

Posted Image

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• Ducky_Fresh

Posted October 20, 2003 - 12:04 AM

Thanks wrooster, just what I was looking for! Have a few elec wires not connected, yet the bike seems to run ok. Definately might help in finding some answers.. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.