Glen Helen - where are the YZs?

8 replies to this topic
  • Windseeker

Posted May 26, 2008 - 04:18 AM

Guys - tell me what's happening there at your side of the world - where are all the Yamahas in what we call MX1, and you simply call"motocross" - the outdoor championship? Are the big blue bikes that bad? There must be other reasons I am sure... :thumbsup:

I know in the lites blue colour was fairly represented, but the in the other class the red train is taking over! :ride:

• nap__kxf

Posted May 26, 2008 - 04:51 AM

the honda filth is slowly taking over california

• Drfletcherdc

Posted May 26, 2008 - 04:58 AM

They are either hurt or not riding outdoor motocross.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 26, 2008 - 06:05 AM

Hill
Summey
Sorby
Hamlin
is what Yami has

Langston
Hepler
are injured

Chad is in Australia racing SX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted May 26, 2008 - 08:57 PM

Anybody notice the Suzuki Vuillemin was riding??????? I believe it was an RM 250..............2 stroke! He finished 17th. I was at the race and think i would have noticed that but i didn't...paying more attention to the lites class....I had 2 friends finish top 20. It was an awesome track and the racing was excellent.

• KJ790

Posted May 27, 2008 - 03:41 AM

Anybody notice the Suzuki Vuillemin was riding??????? I believe it was an RM 250..............2 stroke! He finished 17th. I was at the race and think i would have noticed that but i didn't...paying more attention to the lites class....I had 2 friends finish top 20. It was an awesome track and the racing was excellent.

DV was on a four stroke, the AMA had a misprint and said it was a two stroke.

• adamdf

Posted May 27, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Guys - tell me what's happening there at your side of the world - where are all the Yamahas in what we call MX1, and you simply call"motocross" - the outdoor championship? Are the big blue bikes that bad? There must be other reasons I am sure... :thumbsup:

I know in the lites blue colour was fairly represented, but the in the other class the red train is taking over! :ride:

All of the riders currently representing yamaha in the US, are either new to the 450 class, or are now coming back from injury or time off. As we know, Langston and Hepler are injured. I expect Josh Hill to do really well soon though, and Hamblin is doing well already - but he is pretty much doing it on his own compared to the other yami guys with lots of support. Now if you want to takl about over in Europe, yamaha is runnign away over there so far with the excellent results, Josh Coppins and David "Phillipants" are representing well over there.

• BBrown626

Posted May 27, 2008 - 10:39 AM

I was there too. No 2-strokes on Sunday. DV was a little slow though and might have benefited from a 2-stroke.

Hill was literally dragging ass (his cheeks were hanging out!). Red couldn't hang with green or yellow on either MX moto.

• todds924

Posted May 27, 2008 - 04:25 PM

Thank god, I couldn't imagine that slipping by me. Thats where i saw it printed on the AMA website.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.