Thanks for all your help!!!!!!! 01 wr426

1 reply to this topic
  • Bryan2

Posted May 25, 2008 - 01:14 PM

You guys are awesome. I went out on a limb and bought a 2001 wr426 off ebay last week. The bike was advertised as not running, you may have seen it listed. After researching this site thoroughly I went for it! Your technical knowledge about these bikes is amazing. I picked up the bike yesterday, completely went through the carb, installed new plug and went for a ride!!!! Awesome torque and power throughout the band. I can't seem to get the smile off my face. Again I thank you all.:thumbsup: :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Go2sno

Posted May 25, 2008 - 04:23 PM

I saw it, looked like a good deal. I pick up one this spring with a Baja Designes street legal kit on it. Same issue, it hadn't been plated in three year and the owner said it had been sitting in the barn. I checked compression, gave it a good look over and drained a little gas out of the carb, which looked liked coffee. Cleaned the carb and the plug and it runs great. Put a yz 450 cam in it from an '03-06. The autodecompressor makes it kick like a two stroke and gives it a bit more power. good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.