450 Engine in 400 Frame?

3 replies to this topic
  • chambers

Posted May 24, 2008 - 10:05 AM

Would a 450 engine fit in a 400 frame with no problems or would it be mroe of a chew on than its worth?

• Frostbite

Posted May 24, 2008 - 10:21 AM

Would a 450 engine fit in a 400 frame with no problems or would it be mroe of a chew on than its worth?

The mounts of an aluminum frame 450 are quite different, especially on top. The engine may physically fit in the frame, but I'd say there'd be a bit of fabrication required for the mounting brackets.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chambers

Posted May 24, 2008 - 11:57 AM

this is the one I am looking at

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...bayphotohosting

looks like the same tubular steel frame thats on the 400? If it is the tubular frame should that just be okay?

• off_road_4_me

Posted May 24, 2008 - 07:26 PM

I dont think it would be a direct swap, and youd have to use the 450 engine from a 06 or older I believe
how good are you with a welder is the question though, because I can guarntee there would be modifications needed for mounts and such.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.