• ktmlane

Posted May 24, 2008 - 10:03 AM

what companies mak graphics for this model

• off_road_4_me

Posted May 24, 2008 - 10:07 AM

http://graphicmx.com/

• Rooster426

Posted May 24, 2008 - 09:55 PM

I just some OEM ones off rockymountain for my '01 for $30 bucks, have yet to recieve them but they are so cheap that I decided I don't have much to loose. I should get them next week, I'll take some pics and update when I get them...

• Alternative

Posted May 25, 2008 - 01:57 AM

Factory Effex make ones that fit. I got their Evo 5 style on my 426 :thumbsup:.
Posted Image

• CRFSCOTT

Posted May 25, 2008 - 03:45 PM

Factory Effex make ones that fit. I got their Evo 5 style on my 426 :thumbsup:.
Posted Image

Does the WR426 have the same mounts for the plastics as the 250? I would imagine so right?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alternative

Posted May 25, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Does the WR426 have the same mounts for the plastics as the 250? I would imagine so right?

Yes, the 01-02 250s and 426s share the same tank, shrouds and side covers, so the graphics will fit fine. Factory Effex actually list their graphics to fit 01-02 WR250-426.

• matt4x4

Posted May 26, 2008 - 05:45 AM

You can also use YZF graphics, just have to do some minor trimming to have them look right.
Here's a pic of my wr400f with YZF graphics - the red lines is where the original graphic extended to before I cut it to fit better.
The black line is where the YZF tank edge would be and the graphic would wrap around that.
Posted Image

• PoorComa

Posted May 26, 2008 - 02:39 PM

You can also use YZF graphics, just have to do some minor trimming to have them look right.
Here's a pic of my wr400f with YZF graphics - the red lines is where the original graphic extended to before I cut it to fit better.
The black line is where the YZF tank edge would be and the graphic would wrap around that.
Posted Image

Are the radiator shrouds the same from the wr400f and yzf? My bike came with a YZF tank and seat so I'd assume the shrouds are yzf but they look just like yours as far as I can tell...

Went riding sunday....beautiful day!
Posted Image

• matt4x4

Posted May 27, 2008 - 04:25 AM

YZF and WR shrouds for 98 to 02 are the same on the outside, the only difference is the lower mounting hole, on some models, the portion where the screw seats is parallel to the surface of the plastic, in others it's on an angle - either way it'll fit - see pics below - mine are actually the wrong ones but i never have issues with them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• PoorComa

Posted May 27, 2008 - 04:53 AM

YZF and WR shrouds for 98 to 02 are the same on the outside, the only difference is the lower mounting hole, on some models, the portion where the screw seats is parallel to the surface of the plastic, in others it's on an angle - either way it'll fit - see pics below - mine are actually the wrong ones but i never have issues with them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Good to know. Thanks. So I guess I'll look for yz graphics when it comes that time so that they'll fit to my tank better. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.