Gasket removal

1 reply to this topic
  • cnacc

Posted November 26, 2002 - 08:16 AM

Does any one have a good way of removing the gasket from where the silencer attaches to the header? I just got a new silencer and when I went to put it on I quickly found out that I needed a gasket. The old one seems to like where it is, and I am afraid to damage it because I am ridding this holiday weekend. I can order a new one; it just sucks cause I want to try out the new one. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 26, 2002 - 08:39 AM

those graphite gaskets are pricey, for starters.

I, as best as I could, I used a screwdriver to pry it off the tail pipe. It did get messed up, but I was succesful (or cheap? :) ) at re-using it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.