POSSIBLE Vortex Ignition Deal...Need serious replies ONLY Fella's!

5 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 15, 2002 - 02:58 AM

I am looking at POSSIBLY inking a deal w/ MT Racing on their Vortex Ignitions.

Talking w/ Mike, he said he could cut us a deal BUT he really needs to have an idea on the numbers.

Unlike the Kouba T-Handles, I will opt NOT to be the shipper [after receiving a bulk shipment]. This may/may not affect the price per unit.

I DO need a show of hands who would be interested. The retail $$ is ~ $400.00.

I understand this is almost a vicious circle of "I'll take one if is $300.00 but not $350.00" etc, and "I'll sell you them at $300.00 if you order 200 of them" etc.

I need a show of hands who MAY be interested, inform Mike, and we'll go from there.

Please reply ONLY to:

thumperridernhkevin@hotmail.com.

I WILL refresh this to keep it going.

http://mtracing.com/page2.html

http://www.vortex-pe...m.au/Safire.htm

Kevin

[ May 15, 2002: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

• Taffy

Posted May 15, 2002 - 03:07 AM

kev

as you know some people have struggled to get their bikes running right on the jetting front. the thing is, is there a benefit with this ignition?

i read a couple that said it was "huge" and one that said no different. also yam keep upgrading the ignitions don't they? the 1,000 revs would suit a few masochists.

i'd love to know whether these rich bikes found that the ignition curve burnt the extra fuel and made them quicker THAT way.

anyway i've heard good things but surely SFO can give the definitive guide?

SFO where are you?

Taffy

• SFO

Posted May 15, 2002 - 07:16 AM

If it worked I would buy one.
Unless he has modified the standard curves from when I tested it 6months ago it actually makesx less power than the stock wr ignition.
The traction mode doesn't change anything until 8k.
Here are my results.

http://www.four-stro...s/SFO_index.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted May 15, 2002 - 08:23 AM

Can't Argue with that kind of Data.... I can't see spending that kind of money on something that is not as good as what I currently have.... Thanks SFO, I'm buying the Scotts combo instead.

Kevin...I'm definately with you on the stuff that works...for sure.

Bonzai :)

• Bill

Posted May 16, 2002 - 03:38 PM

How about a Hebo clutch deal. My bonus check should be here in a couple of weeks and I'm ready for one.

Bill

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 17, 2002 - 12:36 AM

The Hebo...is that the hydraullic unit??

I am looking to turn both ends of my bike to Factory Connection's owner's Brother (Tom Street) whom I work w/...

Hey, I need to grease the linkage/steering brg's anyway... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.