Would this work?

1 reply to this topic
  • ndkirwin

Posted May 23, 2008 - 07:20 PM

I've searched but can't find anything on if a 2004 YZF 450 cylinder, piston and head could be installed on a 2001 WR 426 Lower end. Would it be possible if I installed a new crank and rod on the WR 426 Lower end.

Thanks for the help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted May 23, 2008 - 08:50 PM

Don't think so, though I haven't tried it. All of the gasket part numbers are different, so I would expect that the water jackets, hole spacing, or something is different. The stroke is different between the 426 and 450 as well. The YZ450 crank wouldn't be compatible with your WR magneto, and the WR450 crank, because of electric start provisions, wouldn't be compatible either.

That's all just guesses...if you try it, post up and let us know how it works.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.