Anyone custom airbrushed there WR

5 replies to this topic
  • swede426

Posted May 23, 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hey, have anyone tried airbrushing your wr plastic to get some personal touch?
If so, -pics please.
What color to use for that fat plastic?
I have several ideas on how to custompaint my wr, one of them is some nice camopattern (white, grey, black).

• redswr

Posted May 23, 2008 - 01:40 PM

havn't done any airbrushing... i did how ever use the Krylon Plastic paint/clear to put flames on my rear number plates. i put 3 coats of the black and 5 coats of clear and it still chipped a little.

Posted Image

• off_road_4_me

Posted May 23, 2008 - 01:44 PM

its plastic, any paint you put on it will chip easily.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swede426

Posted May 23, 2008 - 02:22 PM

havn't done any airbrushing... i did how ever use the Krylon Plastic paint/clear to put flames on my rear number plates. i put 3 coats of the black and 5 coats of clear and it still chipped a little.

Posted Image

Looks like good finish anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by "chipped".
I'm not after car-finish, in the end it's "only" an enduro.
It's more important it stays on there.

• redswr

Posted May 23, 2008 - 07:04 PM

it held up good... i crash alot and it just got all scraped up. if you don't crash it'll look good :thumbsup:

• swede426

Posted May 23, 2008 - 07:36 PM

it held up good... i crash alot and it just got all scraped up. if you don't crash it'll look good :thumbsup:

Yeah, if you dont crash now and then, you aint trying hard enough.:ride:
Could be fun to repaint it with some new pattern sometimes, I definately going to try that krylon plastic color.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.