are they the same bikes

13 replies to this topic
  • gary.m

Posted May 14, 2002 - 11:48 PM

can any one tell me if australian wrs are the same as us wrs in spec jetting and so on....

• blue_beast_wins

Posted May 14, 2002 - 11:53 PM

They arent

• Richard56

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:41 AM

Hm... in what way are they different? By the way, how about Australia's WR and Singapore's WR??

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted May 15, 2002 - 04:04 AM

The manual that comes with the US bike (english language) lists the US, CA, EUR, AUS/NZ, and ZA (South Africa?) specs. Singapore specs, they no in there.

mwc

• blue_beast_wins

Posted May 15, 2002 - 11:35 PM

US is left hand drive, What exactly do you need to know??

• XR6's_rule

Posted May 16, 2002 - 12:31 AM

My '99 WR4 manual says that the needle & clip position is different between the US & European/OZ models. By the way, I'm going to trial a DXL needle at the standard clip position in my WR4 (lid off and WB E-series) because the standard (DXM) needle was pus and ran too lean all the time. Has anyone tried this? :) :D :D

• Richard56

Posted May 18, 2002 - 12:38 AM

Then how can we determine what our bike's specs.?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted May 18, 2002 - 01:50 AM

Explain....US is Left hand Drive....

Bonzai :)

• Guy

Posted May 18, 2002 - 04:08 AM

:D Does that mean US bikes have the throttle and clutch reversed?????
Could explain a LOT !.................... :) :D

• wrsm

Posted May 18, 2002 - 11:50 AM

I heard the US bikes come with Air-con too! ;-))

Seriously though, the exhausts on the US models are more restrictive so the jetting has got to be different.
Plus the US have the long throttle stop, we get short as standard.
Plus our grey wire comes disconnected as standard - the other side of the connector has no wire in it!
Comments are for 98 model, but I bet other years are similar.

• arrow101

Posted May 19, 2002 - 03:42 AM

the exhausts are more restrictive???? man you guys must get realy sucky bikes when their stock. The std exhaust is pitifull and painful to ride with

• spy

Posted May 19, 2002 - 07:12 AM

From what i know, mine is an australian model WR and if you compare it with the US model....i think theirs comes with a removable baffle while mine doesnt.

• carmacoma

Posted May 19, 2002 - 09:15 PM

I was gona cut the trotle stop. but when i removed the filter from the carb. i discoverd that the trottle would open up all the way!!!
it seems like the wr426 model in norway is the same as in canada?? or australia???
what is the snorkel (airfilter)you are talking about does mine have it or only the us version? :)

• wrsm

Posted May 19, 2002 - 11:01 AM

The snorkel is the square section rubber tube that fits into the top of the airbox. On my 98 it is fastened in place with 4 3mm ish screws. It stops water getting into the airbox from big splashes and also quietens the intake.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.