2006 - A bit Vibey?

6 replies to this topic
  • thedktor

Posted May 23, 2008 - 02:32 AM

I have a brand new 2006 WR450 (steel frame, renthal bars) and just running it in.

It quite vibey at lower revs and then smoothes out at med revs, say 40+ mph in 5th.

Is this normal, will it get smoother as it beds in, are my Acerbis re-inforced barkbusters making it worse? (normally they help to reduce the bar vibes?)

Thanks ....

TD

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 23, 2008 - 03:54 PM

I have an 05, which is the same as 06 (except the enduro computer). Mine does not vibrate. Check your jetting.

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 23, 2008 - 06:13 PM

It quite vibey at lower revs and then smoothes out at med revs, say 40+ mph in 5th.

Wait are you trying to ride the bike under 40 mph in 5th gear? 5th is way too tall for that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swede426

Posted May 23, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Wait are you trying to ride the bike under 40 mph in 5th gear? 5th is way too tall for that.

Yes, then it's your chain making that noise.

• thedktor

Posted May 24, 2008 - 01:41 AM

Its nothing to do with the chain - its engine vibes that show when stationary, in first gear, whenever. Not so noticeable off-road admittedly.

Just seems strange when the engine stays pretty smooth at 70+.

TD

• davidwaters

Posted May 25, 2008 - 04:32 AM

Mine vibrates more than I'd like it to, but I figured it was normal for a thumper. Grips/gloves/etc might actually make a big difference on how much you feel and how much it bothers you.

• thedktor

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:30 PM

An old thread but was out yesterday and the vibes were quite annoying at times, I get a buzz through the bars at low/med revs, and a buzz through the pegs on the road.

Its really road use which shows it most, you get vibes on different part of the bike depending on the revs.

I would like to reduce the vibration on the left grip as that is the worst, and it can make the clutch lever buzz as well, any ideas ????? !

BTW, nothing is loose or about to explode, its just “normal” vibration.

Steve

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.