Canadian WR to U.S. YZ

2 replies to this topic
  • WRipper

Posted November 25, 2002 - 09:20 PM

I am taking the stock exhaust off my bike(Canadian WR 426) and installing a stock YZ system from the U.S.. I have done the timing change and removed the airbox lid. Being a Canadian bike, I have no throttle stop or grey wire. I was just wondering what should be done to the carb. as a starting point. Even some guidence in the search department would be appreciated. I don't want to go crazy, just keep it running smooth.
Thanks,
ZD

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • km98045

Posted November 26, 2002 - 04:50 AM

I bought a 02 WR426 last February and only did a couple of things to the carb. It was backfiring going into turns so I went up one size on the idle jet. I also went down one size on the main jet. I then installed the OBELN needle (from the YZ250F machine). Got great results. Instant response. Before there was a slight bog with rapid throttle opening.

• WRipper

Posted November 26, 2002 - 03:44 PM

What altitude are you running at. I usually run 0 to 2000 feet.

ZD

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.